Shower waterproofing and bathroom retiling Northern Beaches.
This project at a unit in Narrabeen, is the perfect example of the difference tile regrouting can make. Don’t waste money replacing your kitchen or bathroom tiles – professional regrouting can make them look as good as new, saving you hundreds, even thousands, of dollars.
The bathroom in this beachside unit was in desperate need of some TLC however the owner was on a tight budget. As the photo on the left attests, the grout on the white subway wall tiles was disintegrating and full of mould. The grout between the floor tiles had also seen much better days. More importantly, all the gaps in the grout had compromised the waterproofing and water was leaking into the wall cavity causing expensive damage.
The first step in this shower renovation involved removing the existing grout from the floor and wall tiles. Once this was done (an extremely dusty and dirty job), our tiler regrouted the tiles, colour matching the grout used in other areas of the bathroom – grey grout on the floor and white on the subway tiles. New silicone was added in all the joins in the shower making it completely waterproof for many, many years.
The finished result was excellent and transformed the bathroom. We think you’ll agree! Best of all, the shower is now watertight and will no longer leak into the wall cavity.
Work completed on this project:
- Waterproof leaking shower »
- Regrout shower floor and wall tiles »
- Add new silicone to all joins
- Remove all mess and clean down bathroom (there is always a lot of dust).
GET IN TOUCH
For fast shower leak fixes, waterproofing and tile repairs, get in touch with our friendly team. We service Sydney’s Northern suburbs including the Northern Beaches and North Shore areas and are here to help 24 hours, 7 days.
Signs you may have a waterproofing problem
- Smell : If you can smell mildew then this is usually due to dampness caused by a leak and is rotting timber and wall materials.
- Walls : Water damage can cause the wall material to swell and contract causing walls to warp.
- Skirting boards : Swollen skirting boards are a typical sign that water is penetrating behind the wall. You may also notice skirting board paint peeling or discolouring.
- Stains : Water damage will create visible stains on walls.
- Bubbling paint : Moisture commonly causes paint to bubble as the water prevents the paint from adhering to the wall.
- Tile grout : Tile grout may become crumbly and disintegrate due to constant moisture. Due to this, tiles may even start coming off the walls.
- Doors : Water causes timber to swell and contract. You may notice doors become stuck and are harder to open and close.
- Silicone : Silicon products used to “plug” gaps, seal joints and repair cracks are usually only a temporary fix. Deteriorating or mouldy silicone can be a sign that your shower is leaking.
- Tile grout problems. Why does tile grout get holds and/or crumble?
- What are ‘drummy’ tiles and how can they be fixed?
- Signs your bath may be leaking and how to fix it.
- Why do tiles crack?
- Examples of damage caused by leaking baths
- Examples of damage caused by leaking showers
- How to identify if your balcony is leaking.
Drip Dry Shower Repairs and Waterproofing offers a fast, reliable and affordable service that stops leaking showers and wet area waterproofing problems in their tracks.
We are fully licensed waterproofing professionals who specialise in the repair and waterproofing of showers, baths and all wet areas around the home including bathrooms, laundries and kitchens. Additionally, we offer a complete shower restoration service that includes removing existing tiles, waterproofing and retiling the area leaving your shower looking as good as new.
In the vast majority of cases, we can fix your leaking shower without removing any tiles. This can save you hundreds, even thousands of dollars, as you don’t have to replace any tiles. It also ensures you’re back enjoying trouble-free showering quickly.
We use only quality materials and our workmanship exceeds the Australian Standard requirements. Over the past 25+ years, we have built a solid reputation based on excellent quality and exceptional service. In fact, we are so confident in our shower leak repairs and waterproofing services that we lead the way with the first no leak lifetime guarantee.
- legislation and industry requirements.
- verified ABN and trading names with ASIC.
- validated insurances and licences.
- safety, environment, organisational and financial management systems.
- Strata and Real Estate listing agencies who monitor and ensure contractors have the right safety systems, qualifications and insurances to work on your sites and projects.
GET IN TOUCH
For fast shower leak fixes, waterproofing and tile repairs, get in touch with our friendly team. We’re here to help 24/7.