Did you know that waterproofing problems, often from leaking showers, can cause significant damage to a home. Shower leaks can go unnoticed for months, even years, until the damage becomes overwhelmingly apparent and, by then, can be very costly to repair.
Signs your shower may be leaking
There are several reasons why your shower may be leaking. Firstly, it’s important to identify the cause of the problem so it can be fixed quickly and cost-effectively. If the source of the leak is not identified then constant water damage over time can actually weaken your home and lead to serious structural problems that can be expensive to fix.
Below is a list of 8 common signs that your shower may be leaking or you have a waterproofing problem.
- SMELL : If you can smell mildew then this is usually due to dampness caused by a leak and is rotting timber and wall materials.
- WARPED WALLS : Water damage can cause the wall material to swell and contract causing walls to warp.
- SKIRTING BOARDS : Swollen skirting boards are a typical sign that water is penetrating behind the wall. You may also notice skirting board paint peeling or discolouring.
- STAINED WALLS : Water damage will create visible stains on walls.
- BUBBLING PAINT : Moisture commonly causes paint to bubble as the water prevents the paint from adhering to the wall.
- TILE GROUT : Tile grout may become crumbly and disintegrate due to constant moisture. Due to this tiles may even start coming off the walls.
- STICKING DOORS : Water causes timber to swell and contract. You may notice doors become stuck and are harder to open and close.
- MOULDY SILICONE : Silicon products used to “plug” gaps, seal joints and repair cracks are usually only a temporary fix. Deteriorating or mouldy silicone can be a sign that your shower is leaking.
Need advice about waterproofing and leaking shower problems
Contact our expert waterproofers for fast leaking shower repairs and all your bathroom waterproofing needs. We’re here to help and our job is to rectify any waterproofing issues whilst preventing additional problems from occurring in the future.
Drip Dry Shower Repairs and Waterproofing specialise in fast and affordable leaking shower repairs, balcony and bathroom waterproofing and tile rescue including fixing broken and cracked tiles plus grouting services. We service all Northern Beaches suburbs, the Upper and Lower North Shore and Central Coast.
Our expert waterproofers are fully licensed and insured. We are compliant with all Strata and Real Estate listing agencies who monitor and ensure contractors have the right safety systems, qualifications and insurances to work on your sites and projects. We use only quality materials and our workmanship exceeds the Australian Standard requirements.
We fully compliant in :
- legislation and industry requirements
- verified ABN and trading names with ASIC
- validated insurances and licences
- safety, environment, organisational and financial management systems
In the vast majority of cases we can undertake shower repairs without removing tiles. We have built our reputation on quality and service, with over 20 years experience. In fact, we’re so confident in our method of shower repair, we now lead the way with the first NO LEAK LIFETIME GUARANTEE!
More information about our leaking shower repair service »