Leaking shower repair on Sydney’s North Shore.
The owner of this home in Turramurra noticed water was leaking from the upstairs bathroom into the rumpus area after someone had a shower.
Upon inspection, our waterproofer found, when the bathroom was renovated only a few years ago, the shower waterproofing wasn’t adequate. Why didn’t the shower start leaking immediately? With wear and tear (i.e. shower usage), the inadequate waterproofing started to break down and water made its way through the waterproofing membrane and floor, eventually weeping through to the downstairs rumpus area. Upon removing the surrounding tiles our waterproofer found that the wall had also suffered water damage and needed to be replaced.
After waterproofing the shower area correctly, it was retiled and ready for use within 24 hours. The shower looked as good as new and, as the photos below attest, there was no discrepancy between the old and new tiling. Even the feature tiles were reinstated.
GET IN TOUCH
For fast shower leak fixes, waterproofing and tile repairs, get in touch with our friendly team. We’re here to help 24/7.
- Help, my shower is leaking. What should I do?
- Examples of damage caused by leaking showers
- Signs you may have a waterproofing problem
- What are ‘drummy tiles’ and how are they fixed?
- Waterproofing certificates Northern Beaches
Drip Dry Shower Repairs and Waterproofing offers a fast, reliable and affordable service that stops leaking showers and wet area waterproofing problems in their tracks.
We are fully licensed waterproofing professionals who specialise in the repair and waterproofing of showers, baths and all wet areas around the home including bathrooms, laundries and kitchens. Additionally, we offer a complete shower restoration service that includes removing existing tiles, waterproofing and retiling the area leaving your shower looking as good as new.
In the vast majority of cases, we can fix your leaking shower without removing any tiles. This can save you hundreds, even thousands of dollars, as you don’t have to replace any tiles. It also ensures you’re back enjoying trouble-free showering quickly.
We use only quality materials and our workmanship exceeds the Australian Standard requirements. Over the past 25+ years, we have built a solid reputation based on excellent quality and exceptional service. In fact, we are so confident in our shower leak repairs and waterproofing services that we offer a 15 year guarantee.
- legislation and industry requirements.
- verified ABN and trading names with ASIC.
- validated insurances and licences.
- safety, environment, organisational and financial management systems.
- Strata and Real Estate listing agencies who monitor and ensure contractors have the right safety systems, qualifications and insurances to work on your sites and projects.
- licensed to issue waterproofing certificates