Forestville waterproofing and shower repairs.
This customer, located on Sydney’s Northern Beaches, noticed that their shower was leaking when under the house one day he noticed water on the dirt floor beneath the bathroom.
Once onsite, our waterproofer undertook a range of water leak tests and ascertained that it was the shower surround that was leaking. The grout had decayed and broken down and, each time someone in the house had a shower, water was leaking through the many gaps in the grout.
While the bathroom was old, it was in very good condition. The owner was seeking an affordable solution and we were happy to help.
First, we removed the first row of wall tiles surrounding the shower. We applied two coats of polyurethane waterproofing to the wall beneath the tiles. This provides an impenetrable waterproof barrier, even if the tile grout fails again in the future.
Once the polyurethane waterproofing was dry, we retiled. The floor was regrouted and, to provide further protection, we applied our Drip Dry epoxy seal to the perimeter of the shower.
Needless to say, the owner was very happy with the result and relieved the shower won’t be causing any further issues for many, many years to come.
WANT A SHOWER REPAIR QUOTE?
Signs you may have a waterproofing problem
- Smell : If you can smell mildew then this is usually due to dampness caused by a leak and is rotting timber and wall materials.
- Walls : Water damage can cause the wall material to swell and contract causing walls to warp.
- Skirting boards : Swollen skirting boards are a typical sign that water is penetrating behind the wall. You may also notice skirting board paint peeling or discolouring.
- Stains : Water damage will create visible stains on walls.
- Bubbling paint : Moisture commonly causes paint to bubble as the water prevents the paint from adhering to the wall.
- Tile grout : Tile grout may become crumbly and disintegrate due to constant moisture. Due to this, tiles may even start coming off the walls.
- Doors : Water causes timber to swell and contract. You may notice doors become stuck and are harder to open and close.
- Silicone : Silicon products used to “plug” gaps, seal joints and repair cracks are usually only a temporary fix. Deteriorating or mouldy silicone can be a sign that your shower is leaking.
- Tile grout problems. Why does tile grout get holds and/or crumble?
- What are ‘drummy’ tiles and how can they be fixed?
- Signs your bath may be leaking and how to fix it.
- Why do tiles crack?
- Examples of damage caused by leaking baths
- Examples of damage caused by leaking showers
- How to identify if your balcony is leaking.
Drip Dry Shower Repairs and Waterproofing offers a fast, reliable and affordable service that stops leaking showers and wet area waterproofing problems in their tracks.
We are fully licensed waterproofing professionals who specialise in the repair and waterproofing of showers, baths and all wet areas around the home including bathrooms, laundries and kitchens. Additionally, we offer a complete shower restoration service that includes removing existing tiles, waterproofing and retiling the area leaving your shower looking as good as new.
In the vast majority of cases, we can fix your leaking shower without removing any tiles. This can save you hundreds, even thousands of dollars, as you don’t have to replace any tiles. It also ensures you’re back enjoying trouble-free showering quickly.
We use only quality materials and our workmanship exceeds the Australian Standard requirements. Over the past 25+ years, we have built a solid reputation based on excellent quality and exceptional service. In fact, we are so confident in our shower leak repairs and waterproofing services that we lead the way with the first no leak lifetime guarantee.
- legislation and industry requirements.
- verified ABN and trading names with ASIC.
- validated insurances and licences.
- safety, environment, organisational and financial management systems.
- Strata and Real Estate listing agencies who monitor and ensure contractors have the right safety systems, qualifications and insurances to work on your sites and projects.
GET IN TOUCH
For fast shower leak fixes, waterproofing and tile repairs, get in touch with our friendly team. We’re here to help 24/7.